We are expanding our sales organization at Landers Premier Flooring, and are seeking professional Flooring Sales Consultants to join our team!
Flooring Sales Consultant
Do you have a passion for flooring, a knack for customer service and a motivation for commissioned sales to potentially make a six-figure income? Then read on to learn more about this opportunity!
What you’ll do:
- Represent Landers Premier Flooring as a local flooring “Expert” and Austin-area flooring professional within the residential, custom builder and design communities.
- Meet and greet showroom visitors while gaining a better understanding about their flooring needs, consulting with them on the best solution given their ideas, lifestyle, needs and budget. Provide guidance and information as needed.
- Serve as the flooring project manager for jobs acquired from start to finish.
- Assess the project requirements and measurements by scheduling appointments and going on in-home measures.
- Prepare project estimates per job requirements and customer selections.
- Follow up with customers to ensure they are informed about any specials and have what they need to make a decision.
- Facilitate financing and payments utilizing a sophisticated flooring industry software system.
- Place orders with flooring manufacturers as needed.
- Coordinate with our Installation Manager to schedule flooring installations and ensure customers and install teams are install-ready.
- Communicate with internal teams and customers throughout the sales and installation process, maintaining accurate records through to project completion and close.
- Provide guidance to ensure each job is done right and every customer is thrilled with their experience with Landers Premier Flooring.
Who you are:
- You thrive on helping people with their flooring design selections and project challenges and are passionate about helping people.
- You are a Customer Service Champion and are known as the Flooring Sales Rainmaker in certain circles.
- You’re not afraid of math – you eat flooring design drawings and layouts with special measurements and project needs for lunch.
- You are known for ‘doing what it takes’ to get the job done right the first time, and are a strong believer in “there’s a process for that”.
- You know that things can and will go wrong in flooring design / construction projects, but are calm and quick on your feet to solve, always three steps ahead of everyone else.
- You aren’t afraid to learn new things, especially when it comes to new flooring innovations and design trends, and are anxious to learn more to further your “Flooring Expert” ranking.
- You thrive on your perfect customer review scores everywhere it counts, including the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Angie’s List, Google Reviews, CitySearch, and are true believer in that referrals are the best compliment ever.
- You geek out on the idea of using one of the most sophisticated layout, estimating and invoicing software systems in the flooring industry, because technology is your friend.
- You enjoy a family-owned and operated work environment and have a strong background in proving you are a team player.
- You want to live a well-rounded life and enjoy making plans in the evenings, on Sundays and during major U.S. holidays. You look forward to taking off the week of Christmas and having long Thanksgiving holidays and more, because even though you work in retail, the showroom is closed.
- You’ve always seen yourself earning a six-figure income while doing what you love, especially working for a local award-winning flooring retailer.
Who we are:
Landers Premier Flooring is a full-service flooring retailer offering hardwood, carpet, tile, natural stone and laminate sales and installation from our 6,000 sf showroom. Based in North Austin, we provide quality flooring and installation throughout the Central Texas area. We are proud to be a three-time Mohawk Industries Retailer of the Year winner, a multiple-year Angie’s List Super Service Award winner and maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. To learn more about Landers Premier Flooring, visit us online at www.landerspremierflooring.com
Additional information & how to apply:
- This is a full-time, commission-based sales opportunity for an experienced retail sales associate.
- Computer skills and positive customer service attitude are essential.
- Self-transportation and valid driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge and experience in the flooring industry is preferred.
- Bilingual language abilities a plus.
- Background and reference checks will be conducted.
- Proof of citizenship will be required.
- Relocation may be considered for the right team player.
If this sounds like you, then please email your resume and cover letter explaining how you would be a perfect addition to our team, to the attention of John Landers at email@example.com.
No third party recruiters please.